“author”: “Wibke Becker”,
“description”: “glutinous rice or sticky rice”,
“ratingCount”: “1” },
“1 cup of rice”
“name”: “Sticky Rice”,
“fatContent”: “0 grams fat” },
“recipeInstructions”: “First, wash the rice under running water until the water is no longer milky. Then it goes into a large bowl that is generously filled with cold water and rests at room temperature for 6 to 8 hours.
Drain the rice, put water in a pressure cooker, line the attachment with a tea towel and spread the rice on top. Important! Water and rice must not touch each other as the rice is not intended to be cooked, only steamed. Steam the rice over medium heat for 20-30 minutes.”
“recipeYield”: “2 servings” }
sticky rice, also known as Sweet rice or Glutinous Rice, means in Thai Khao Niao or Khao Nueng.
Sticky rice is one of the main foods in the north and northeast of Thailand. But in the other parts of the country you get the sticky rice in selected food stalls and restaurants.
Especially the kitchen of the Isaan (Province in the northeast) is famous for their Sticky rice Courts. Traditionally, the sticky rice eaten with your fingers. To do this, make small balls with your right hand and douse them in the sauce. The most popular Sticky rice Court among holidaymakers is certainly the sweet dish Mango Sticky Rice, but also to Som Tum (spicy papaya salad) is eaten this type of rice - the sticky rice can be wonderfully dip into the spicy salad sauce.
How do you make Sticky Rice?
To the perfect Sticky rice you need the right grains of rice. With Yasmin, Basmati or other rice varieties, the rice is either not sticky or just does not taste good. Please pay close attention when shopping sticky rice to buy - the grains of this special variety are whiter and thicker than the other types of rice.
Recipe for 2 persons - duration approx. 40 minutes
- 1 mug sticky rice
- First, the rice is washed under running water until the water is no longer milky. Then he comes in a large bowl that is generously filled with cold water and rests for 6 to 8 hours at room temperature.
- Drain the rice, add water to one Pressure cooker place the attachment with a dishcloth and spread the rice on it. Important! Water and rice should not touch, as the rice should not be boiled, but only steamed. Steam the rice 20-30 minutes over medium heat.
- If you are not sure if the rice is ready, just try it. The rice should be soft and sticky but not soggy.
If you don't have a pressure cooker, you can microwave method use. Not the traditional way, but not everyone has a pressure cooker or even a special one "Bamboo Steamer", A normal one rice cooker Although it can be used, it does not give the perfect result.
- 1 mug sticky rice Wash under running water, pour into a bowl, pour warm water (just over a cup) over it so that the rice is well covered and soak for about 10 minutes.
- Cover the bowl with a plate, place it in the microwave and allow the rice to cook for a maximum of 3 minutes.
- Take out the bowl, gently stir the rice and cook again for 3 minutes at the highest level.
- If the rice is still not fully cooked, some white, hard grains are still in the bowl, cook the sticky rice again for about 1 minute.
- Now the grains should be transparent and have the wonderful sticky consistency.